You may have read that updating your website regularly will improve your search engine ranking. This is true, but why? The fact is that Google is just trying to make decisions like people do, when answering user queries, so it wants your website to be regularly updated, because that is what prospective customers want.
Your prospective customers want to see that your business is active, that you are up to date with the latest in your industry and that you have something interesting to say.
So I would say that you should be adding something to your website every month, schedule some time in your calendar to do this and ideally you should have a website with a content management system (like WordPress) so you can do this yourself.
You might like to
- Add a new image and description to your portfolio or case studies
- Write and publish a blog
- Craft an answer to a question you have been asked recently
- Add a recent interesting news item
- Update your team section with new members
- Change your seasonal offers
- Add testimonials or reviews